When a new toner is installed in a DCP1610W rand DCP1510 printer, a reset gear should turn and trigger a switch to reset the toner counter.
Sometimes the toner counter doesn’t get reset and realigning the reset gear is a little bit too techy for most users.
We’ve been sent the following instructions but we have yet to prove that it works…
- Press the MENU button.
- Hit the down arrow until you see info on the display.
- Press the OK button.
- Hit the down arrow until you see reset drum on the display.
- Press and hold the OK button until you see reset on the display.
- Press the START button.
- Press the up arrow until you see the value 10.
- Press the OK button and you should see accepted on the display.
- Press STOP until the main menu appears on the display.
The toner message should now be reset.
Please leave a comment if you find this guide useful or there is anything we can improve to make it easier to follow.