How to reset the MFC-9840CDW printer when the drum has expired:
1. In ready mode, press the 3 and 9 button at the same time so that the reset menu appears.
2. Press the up or down arrow until you get to the drum, then press ok.
3. Select 1 to reset the drum.
4. Your printer should now be in the ready state with the drum reset.
How to reset the belt unit counter:
1. Turn on the machine’s power switch.
2. Press Menu => Machine Info. =>Reset Menu.
3. Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Belt Unit.
4. Press OK.
5. Press 1 to reset the belt unit counter.
6. Press Stop/Exit.
Here’s a list of the consumables for this machine:
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn/4050cdn Drum DR150CL
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Black TN155BK
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Cyan TN155C
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Magenta TN155M
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Yellow TN155Y
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn/4050cdn Waste Toner Pack WT100CL
Other models that use the same consumables are: DCP-9040CN, HL-4040CN, HL-4050CDN, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-9840CDW, DCP9040CN, HL4040CN, HL4050CDN, MFC9450CDN, MFC9840CDW.