How to reset the MFC-9840CDW printer when the drum has expired:
1. In ready mode, press the 3 and 9 button at the same time so that the reset menu appears.
2. Press the up or down arrow until you get to the drum, then press ok.
3. Select 1 to reset the drum.
4. Your printer should now be in the ready state with the drum reset.
Note: This should get you printing again. If you have not replaced the drum your printing will drop in quality as the drum wears down. You’ll still need to replace the drum at some stage. REMEMBER to reset the counter when you replace the drum unit.
How to reset the belt unit counter:
1. Turn on the machine’s power switch.
2. Press Menu => Machine Info. =>Reset Menu.
3. Press the Up or Down Arrow key to choose Belt Unit.
4. Press OK.
5. Press 1 to reset the belt unit counter.
6. Press Stop/Exit.
Here’s a list of the consumables for this machine:
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn/4050cdn Drum DR150CL
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Black TN155BK
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Cyan TN155C
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Magenta TN155M
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn High Yield Toner – Yellow TN155Y
- Brother Colour Laser HL4040cn/4050cdn Waste Toner Pack WT100CL
Other models that use the same consumables are: DCP-9040CN, HL-4040CN, HL-4050CDN, MFC-9450CDN, MFC-9840CDW, DCP9040CN, HL4040CN, HL4050CDN, MFC9450CDN, MFC9840CDW.