Cartridge recognition issues sometimes occur with compatible or genuine Brother toner cartridges. When you install a Brother TN2345 cartridge in your MFC-L2700DW MFC-L2720DW or MFC-L2740DW and the toner counter doesn’t reset, you may wish to try the following procedure.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Display should read “Front Cover open”.
- Hold the ‘OK’ button down for a few seconds.
- Display should read “Replace Drum”.
- DO NOT follow prompts on screen.
- Type in * 0 0 (Star Zero Zero) on the keypad.
- Close the cover. Your toner is now reset
Press Menu, 5, 4, then Start Button to print a status page and this will show that the toner has reset back to 100%
Note: This procedure has been tested on the MFC-L2700DW printer but should also work on other MFC printers using the TN2345 toner (MFC-L2720DW or MFC-L2740DW ).
Please note the reset procedure for the HL printers that take the TN2345 or TN2315 differs from this one and can be found here: https://www.easyink.co.nz/support/hl-tn2345-toner-reset/