Cartridge recognition issues sometimes occur with compatible or genuine Brother toner cartridges.
(If your printer model starts with HL and used TN2315 or TN2345 cartridges you’ll need to go here.)
When you install a Brother TN2345 cartridge in your MFC-L2700DW MFC-L2720DW or MFC-L2740DW and the toner counter doesn’t reset, you may wish to try the following procedure.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Display should read “Front Cover open”.
- Hold the ‘OK’ button down for a few seconds.
- Display should read “Replace Drum”.
- DO NOT follow prompts on screen.
- Type in * 0 0 (Star Zero Zero) on the keypad.
- Close the cover. Your toner is now reset
Press Menu, 5, 4, then Start Button to print a status page and this will show that the toner has reset back to 100%
Note: This procedure has been tested on the MFC-L2700DW printer but should also work on other MFC printers using the TN2345 toner (MFC-L2720DW or MFC-L2740DW ).