Cartridge recognition issues sometimes occur with compatible or genuine Brother toner cartridges. When you install a Brother TN2345 cartridge in your HLL2300D HLL2340DW or HLL2365DW and the toner counter doesn’t reset, you may wish to try the following procedure.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the ‘go’ button while turning the printer on.
- After 3 seconds release the ‘go’ button.
- (USER MODE) will appear.
- Press the ‘go’ button NINE times.
- The Wifi led will flash once.
- Press the ‘go’ button 5 times.
- Close the cover. Your toner is now reset
Press OK 3 times to print a status page and this will show that the toner has reset back to 100%
Note: This procedure has been tested on the HL-L2365DW printer but may work on other printers using the TN2345 toner (HL-L2300D HL-L2340DW HL-L2365DW).
Please note the reset procedure for the multifunction printers that take the TN2345 or TN2315 differs from this one and can be found here: https://www.easyink.co.nz/support/mfc-tn2345-toner-reset/