Brother HL-2040: If the low toner indicator fails to reset even though the cartridge has been replaced…
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps:
- Turn the printer off and hold the ‘go’ button while turning the printer on.
- Release the ‘go’ button after the three lights are lit.
- Press the ‘go’ button twice.
- Once the lights are on solid, press the ‘go’ button five more times.
- The toner light should be off.
- The paper light should be on.
- Close cover.
- The ready light should be the only light on.
Brother FAX-2820: Open the front door, press “options”, then “start”, then “1”, and then “0”. The screen should now show “accepted”.
If the machine still indicates toner low with a full cartridge: Take the toner cartridge out of the drum unit that it sits in. On the left side you’ll see a half circled groove with a tab inside it. If the tab is turned to the right (3 o’clock position) then it needs to be switched to the left (10 o’clock position) in order to trigger a reset when inserted into the printer.
You should be able to reset the toner count on other machines that use the same toner: DCP-7010, HL-2070N, MFC-7340, MFC-7420, MFC-7820N, DCP7010, HL2070N, MFC7340, MFC7420, MFC7820N.