If you replace a toner in your Brother MFC9970CDW and the counter doesn’t correctly reset, you can use the following instructions to reset the counter.
- Turn the printer off and open the front cover.
- Then turn the printer on.
- The printer will display “Cover is open” or “Close cover”, then press the “1” key to display the Reset menu.
- Locate the correct toner option to reset and select it.
- If performed correctly the printer will display “Accepted“.
Note: for selecting the correct toner you should understand the cartridge code system Brother uses:
- Black is K, Magenta is M, Cyan is C and Yellow is Y
- TNR = toner
- STR = starter cartridge (the toner cartridges that came with your printer)
- STD = standard toner or TN340
- HY or HC= high yield/high capacity toner or TN348
So to reset the TN340M magenta toner counter you would select M.TNR.STD (Magenta~Toner~Standard).
These instructions have been tested on the MFC9970CDW but may also work on the MFC9460CDN.