To reset the tn240 toner counter on a Brother MFC-9320CW or MFC-9120CN colour printer try the following steps:
- With power on, open the front toner door (you will get a “door open” message on the display.)
- Press “Clear/Back” button. That will bring up the “Toner Reset Menu” (TNR = toner).
- Using the Up and Down keys, you can then scroll through reset options for each of the printer’s toner cartridges!
Code: B. = black; C. = cyan; M. = magenta and Y. = yellow (for some models K. = black).
- For each for these cartridges is the option to reset for Low Yield = S (some models STR – the starter cartridge that came with your printer) or High Yield = H (some models STD – the standard replacement cartridge).
- Using the number keypad, select option #1 (to reset each to the size you have installed).
- Hit the “Clear/Back” button to get out of the menu, close the door and the problem is solved.
These steps have been tested on a MFC9320CW and MFC9120CN, but should also work on MFC9125CN and MFC9325CW series printers.