Cartridge recognition issues sometimes occur with compatible or genuine Brother toner cartridges. When you install a Brother TN3290 cartridge in your HL5340D – HL5350DN – HL5370DW – HL5380DN and the toner counter doesn’t reset, you may wish to try the following counter reset procedure.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the GO button while turning the printer on.
- When 3 led light up release the GO button.
- Press the ‘go’ button twice (3 LED’s should light up again).
- Press the ‘go’ button 6 more times.
- Close the cover. Your toner is now reset
Note: This procedure has been tested on the HL-5340D printer but may work on other printers using the TN3290 or TN3250 toner (HL-5350DN HL-5370DW HL-5380DN ).