For some reason once in a blue moon when a new toner is installed the reset switch isn’t triggered and the toner counter doesn’t get reset. The following is a manual reset for your printer that you can use to reset the toner counter.
- Open the front cover of your Brother HL-4150CDN laser printer where you can access its toner cartridges.
- Press the Cancel & Secure Print buttons at the same time to see the toner menus on the screen.
- Press the “+” or “-” to select the toners you need to reset. Press “OK” to reset the selected toner cartridge. Repeat for each toner cartridges colour as required.
- Close the front cover.
DONE.Note: for selecting the correct toner you need to understand the cartridge code system Brother uses:
- Black is K, Magenta is M, Cyan is C and Yellow is Y
- TNR = toner
- STR = starter cartridge (the toner cartridges that came with your printer)
- STD = standard toner or TN340
- HC = high yield toner or TN348
Note that some users have had to turn the printer off and back on again to get the reset menu to show.
Please leave a comment if you find this guide useful or there is anything I can add to it to make it easier to follow.