If your TN2230 – TN2250 toner counter on your HL-2130 HL-2240D HL-2250DN or HL-2270DW doesn’t reset when you install the cartridge, you may wish to try this procedure.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
- Release the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button).
- Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 2 times.
- Pause. All panel lights should be on.
- Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 5 times.
The toner light should be off (the error light may be flashing).
The paper light should be on or flashing.
- Close the cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
Note: This procedure has been tested on the HL2130 HL2240D HL2250DN and HL2270DW printer but may work on other printers using the TN2250 toner.
Some users have reported having to turn the printer off and on after resetting the counter.