Cartridge recognition issues sometimes occur with compatible or genuine Brother toner cartridges. When you install a Brother TN2030 cartridge and the toner counter doesn’t reset, you may wish to try the following procedure.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) while turning the printer on. Three panel lights should now be on.
- Release the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button).
- Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) twice.
- Pause. All panel lights should be on.
- Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 5 times. The toner light should be off (the error light may be flashing). The paper light should be on or flashing.
- Close the cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
Note: This procedure has been tested on the HL2130 printer but may work on other printers using the TN2030 toner.
Some users have reported having to turn the printer off and on after resetting the counter.