Cartridge recognition issues sometimes occur with compatible or genuine Brother toner cartridges.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Push both the SECURE and CANCEL buttons at the same time.
- Use the UP and DOWN arrow to reset the type of toner you have.
- Push OK to reset selected toner counter.
- When you see ACCEPTED on the display the count is reset
- Close the front cover.
Note: This procedure has been tested on the HL-L5100DN but should also work on the HLL5200DW HLL6200DW and HLL6400DW printers.
Note2: Reset can only be performed when the printer is idle with no print jobs in the memory.