Cartridge recognition issues sometimes occur with compatible or genuine Brother TN3310 or the high yield TN3340 toner cartridges or you may just want to use the last few drops of toner for the cartridge.
To reset the toner counter follow the procedure listed below.
- Open the front cover and leave open while completing the following steps.
- Turn the printer off.
- Hold the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on.
- Release the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button).
- Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 2 times.
- Pause. All panel lights should be on.
- Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 5 times for the TN3310
- Press the ‘go’ button (or “start’ button) 6 times for the high yield TN3340.
- The toner light should be off (the error light may be flashing). The paper light should be on or flashing.
- Close the cover. The ready light should be the only light on.
Note: This procedure has been tested on the HL-5440D printer but should also work on HL-5450DN HL-5470DW and HL-6180DW series mono printers.
Some users have reported having to turn the printer off and on after resetting the counter.