If you have replaced the toner in your Brother DCP7065DN, and the “Toner Life End” or “Replace Toner” message hasn’t automatically reset, you may wish to follow the following procedure to reset it manually:
- Open the front door and remove the drum and toner (cover to avoid light damage). Confirm that the
display shows cover open.
- Press the clear key and confirm that the display shows replace drum.
- Press the start key and confirm that the display is clear.
- Press the down arrow key, then quickly press the up arrow key and
confirm the display shows 00.
- Press the OK key and confirm that the display shows accepted, followed
by a cover open message.
- Install the drum and toner assembly, close the front door, and the
display should show “please wait”. When the printer has warmed up the
error message should be gone and you should see the standard display.
This procedure has been tested on the DCP-7065DN but may also work on other DCP models that take the TN2230 / TN2250 / TN450 toner.
Users have confirmed that the procedure works on: HL-2280DW, DCP-7040, DCP-7055 / HL2280DW, DCP7040, DCP7055